first of all - best wishes for this new project 🙂
I'm still on Solus, and after years and years of that experience the final result is that I'll go buy an additional SSD drive one of these days. Unfortunately, the meaning of life on this planet has recently changed a lot in favor of Gates & Friends.
Here are some key questions:
- dual boot compatibility between Serpent OS and Windows 11 (fastboot, secure boot, TPM 2.0, ...);
- possibility for users to update firmware using fwupd;
- possibility for users to set up automatic software updates/upgrades;
- simple way to install and update Google Chrome and other similar softwares;
- simple way to check/repair errors and backup/restore Serpent OS?
In short, will you launch the project in Lemmy's style "We are Motörhead and we play rock 'n' roll", or me and other 8 billion people will pogo in Rotten punk style screaming "No future for you"?
By the way, aside from that "insignificant" 0.00001%, 99.99999% of the world's population is neither willing nor able to use anything more complicated than something similar to sexy and simple Budgie. Since the Team is still small at the moment, wouldn't be better to concentrate on just one and only official desktop environment? If in the future there will eventually be a need for something else, it can (should) be maintained by interested individuals within the community...
Fly, Ikey fly, up, up to the sky 🙂